söndag 3 april 2011

Where it all started

This weekend I've been speaking at the Alliance Church in Svenstorp, south Sweden. This is the church where I first heard about Jesus, and where I finally gave my life to Him. So, do I have to tell you I was both excited and nervous of coming back to this place...



So many memories came back to me when I entered the Church this Friday. The Church is located just 400 meters from the house where I grew up, so it's been both relaxing and joyful to meet people and see places that meant so much to me.



I was a part of this Church for five years, between the age of 15 and 20. In this period of time I was saved, baptized in the Spirit, baptized in water, a leader and teacher of the Sunday school, a leader for the scouts, a part of the youth choir, a worship leader, a leader for a kids choir, a board member, in a group renovating the church, in a prayer team, in the sports team, in the youth group and helping out in the services.
All this is a powerful thing in a small church on the country side: You HAVE to get involved in a lot of different things to make it all work!



When I entered the Church this Friday I met around 30 new faces of teenagers I didn't recognize. The Church is still alive and kicking - wonderful!

So, how did the weekend go?
Well, I prayed with one teenage boy to salvation! Only one??
Yes, only one! Doing that I remembered the night I was saved in the same Church: that night we were ONLY two receiving salvation... And a LOT of powerful things have happened through these two guys since then...

C ya!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar