fredag 8 april 2011

To be led by the Spirit

I meet so many Christians that are longing to be led by the Spirit - and that's a great thing, we are created to be led by Him!
The problem is that many only want to be led in the BIG decisions in life, and are ignoring the every day life with the Spirit.

As a traveling preacher I meet so many of them, coming to the front in the altar call, asking for prayers to be able to be led by God..."Should I marry him?" "should I move there?" Big things! I'm sorry, but I rather put my hand on them, singing "twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder where you are..." That will help as much as a prayer!
You can not read in the Bible that we should pray for one another to be led by God, BUT that the Holy Spirit will witness to your spirit leading you DAILY!

The Christians that are ignoring the every day correction and leading will not be able to be led the day the big decision arrives. So, we don't need more prayer about this, but more TEACHING and OBEYING!
The voice that will lead you is the same voice that will correct you....

If you are interested to know more about to be led by God, follow my blog and I will continue to write and post on this subject.

First, what I want to mention today: God doesn't led you through open and closed doors!
Yes, God can open a door for you, but this is not how he will lead you!

When I walk from my office to the subway, I don't have to enter all the open doors on the way there. In that case I would never make my way home!
So, only because a door is open, it doesn't mean you as a Christian must walk into it. It might as much be a distraction or temptation for you to miss Gods plan. Follow your inner voice instead.

And the opposite: If Stephanie sends me to the grocery store to shop, I won't be standing outside the door waiting for it to open up before I can enter and do what Stephanie asked me to do. I will walk on, and OPEN THE DOOR!

If God said something and called you somewhere; don't wait for an open door - just go and the door will open. (or you kick it in, or enter thru the window!:)

God will never give you all the information about everything before you can go there. He want you to obey the calling, and trust Him.
So don't let open or closed doors lead you - walk in your spirit!

To be continued....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 kommentarer:

  1. Så bra, så bra!! Tack Daniel! Jag vill gärna läsa mer vad du har att undervisa om ämnet.
    Mvh Sarita

    SvaraRadera
  2. THAT IS SO TRUE Daniel!! We need to kick down the walls and doors to enter Stockholm!!!

    SvaraRadera