torsdag 3 februari 2011

Marathon thoughts...

I've been out traveling 20 of the 34 days of 2011 so far; and have another week left in Pakistan. This has destroyed my Marathon training!
My goal was to run under 4h in Stockholm Marathon May 28th, but I realize I won't be in that shape in four months... I simply have to set a new goal: Improve my 4h 41min from last year. That will be a challenge in and of itself!

At a hotel in Faislabad right now, reading Runner's World. Inspiring. This year 20 517 runners will participate in Sthlm Marathon – that's a new record with approx 400 runners! Last year I finished as number 8 900-something. Hopefully I can do better this year!

Things that speak against my goal:
- My third child will be born in the beginning of May – that will of course take a lot of attention and time!
- My late start of the season due to all my time preaching abroad. Last year I was in much better shape at this point.
- A long winter in Sweden...?!
- Busy spring in general!

Things that speak for my goal
- Discipline! I'v e got a lot!:)
- Experience – I wont be as nervous as last year.
- Excitement – Running makes me happy!

BTW: On site in Faislabad and the heart of God is beating in my chest! Students: Prepare for a massive impact from Heaven over this city when you arrive!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar