måndag 28 februari 2011

World's most influential Company?

The answer is unfortunately NOT the Church today, but Google.
On the airport in Stockholm yesterday I bought a resently published swedish book named The Google Code. It was so fascinating I couldn't stop reading, but finished it before I landed in Pittsburgh. Man, my mind is exploding!Sure, I was some kind of a Google fan before I use their services a lot and enjoy it; but I havn't yet decided if this book made me even more devoted, or just scared of them...? But I think I'm leaning at loving them more:)

NOTHING is impossible! I knew that already, but I have God in that equation! For Google it seems that they are reaching as far as a group of humans can do without God...
Let me give u a few examples:

We all know the big things Google is doing today:
Gmail, blogger+blogspot, google.com, youtube, google-maps, google translate, Picasa, google docs, google cal, google earth, google chrom, android, and many, many more things.But did you know about all the crazy ideas they are working on right now??

- Google Books - Google has an idea to create the largest Libary ever excisted, by scanning all books ever excisted and offer them online! This might sound impossible, but let me tell you they have already scanned over ten million books...They wont give up!- Google Search - Today the worlds most used online search tool - no competition! But what Google want to do is beyond imagination. They are working to develop google.com, so that you and me, in the future, can write: where are my lost socks? And Google will find them for you. I'm telling you: This is no fantasy, this is their plan!

- Google Goggles - This excists already today; I have it as an app for my android: Take a photo of a logo or a famous building, and google search by the picture and tells you everything you want to know about it. Well, this is just the beginning! Google want us to be able to take a photo of ANYTHING, and google will tells us everything about it...- Google Street View - Already excisting as well...but under progress. Google are, as I write, on their way to film and take photos of EVERY street and building on the planet! Crazy...- Google Gene - I'm not sure about the name, but in a while we will be able to search our own DNA, and by that see everyone we are related to on the planet. Again: Crazy!

- Google Car - When one of the founders of Google heard how many people that are killed in car accidents in America every year, he said: Let's do something about that! And they did! Recently they tried out some self-driving-cars live down town San Fransisco! The cars are driven by computers, cameras and Google Street View and Maps! Soon on a street close to you...

- Google Nation (?) - A crazy, not very official idea they are working on, is to create their own Nation. How??? By creating a floating landmass and place it somewhere in the international See outside the Coast of USA. Then they can create their own laws and way of inventing things.

I could mention many more things, but theese were just so fascinating!
And this is the official ones...who know what else they are doing that is still secrets?!
Google are also giving away 1 % of their profit every year (a LOT of money!) to the third world. And they are giving away 1 % of their working hours to help out in different social projects. Amazing!

Wow, I love new inventions and crazy ideas! Since Google was founded in the mid 90s the world has gone through a change bigger than anything else in the world history! (That is not only because of Google, but all the global and internet based business and services)

But the dark side...?
Google has today more information about you and me than all the Intelligences in every nation put together! They scan everything you do online, just to be able to deliver the best information possible to you. But if they decide to misuse that information...?? Can a single profit-driven business handle all that information?

Lets pray and hope for the best! Lets enjoy all the new tecnology and services online, and use it for the benefit of the world, and for the Kingdom of God. But don't be blinde, but keep your eyes open. Don't be naive...Finally: To understand a bit of Googles power today, Do this experiment: Take a week, or a day, or even an hour, and try not to use any of Googles services when u are online. Good luck!;)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar